Midcentury modern interiors have a quite difficult style. They can be difficult to accessorize and they tend to seem a little too sober and stark. It’s why they need accessories to feel complete. If thought carefully and in detail, they can be very charming and elegant. Here are some examples that might convince you.
1. This stylish living room feels both cozy and a little imposing. It’s been decorated with simple furniture featuring clean lines and modern designs. The décor includes a variety of patterns and textures found in elements such as the rug, the pillows and the furniture. This creates a warm and inviting atmosphere, typical to midcentury modern homes.
2. This is a bright and casual-looking living room. It’s also very chic and stylish. The white walls crate an airy look while the marigold-yellow sofa only continues on the same line. At the same time, it introduces a subtle color contrast. The light fixtures also seem light and delicate. The furniture is simple and the decorations are numerous but not overwhelming.
3. This charming living room was designed around a beautiful fireplace that serves as a focal point and a lovely decoration that also helps create a warm and cozy atmosphere. The living room has a large sectional placed in a corner with large windows behind it that allow views of the outdoor area and the beautiful vegetation.
4. This décor is also simple and plays with different textures and colors. The dark wood flooring features a beige, puffy rug placed in the center of the living area, underneath the coffee table. It’s also complemented by black, casual armchairs, light-colored walls and a chic pedestal table. The simplicity of the décor and the lack of too many decorations and ornaments make it feel almost contemporary.
5. This is a more colorful living room that features a beautiful side table that seems to set the tone for the whole design. This is actually a combination of midcentury modern and contemporary elements. The room is bright and features vibrant accent features in bold colors but it’s also simple and decorated with contemporary artwork and accessories.
© 2005-2018 Home Design. Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited. All Rights Reserved.